- Bronze medal at Mazer Cup 2015 – Semi sweet mead
- Mazer Cup is the largest pure mead contest. More than 300 meaderies participate from all over the World.
- Bronze medal at International Wine & Spirits Competition (London 2015) – “Flavoured Mead – Ginger & Spices”.
- Bronze medal at New York International Spirits Competition (New York 2015) – “Liqueurs” and “Denmark Liqueur of the Year”.
- Silver medal at International Wine & Spirits Competition (London 2016) – “Spiced Mead”.
- Gold medal at New York International Spirits Competition (New York 2016) – “Liqueurs” and “Denmark Liqueur of the Year” for the second year in a row.
- Silver medal at Berlin International Spirits Competition 2017
- Bronze medal at San Francisco International Wine Competition 2017
no. 01 is the culmination of love, craftsmanship and good raw materials
Type of mead: Metheglin
The warmth from the best local Danish honey. The citric sharpness from the ginger. The subtle notes from the spices. Combined with the sharpness of the alcohol and the soft maturation from the oak casks. All in all, a result that we are proud of!
no. 01 is a drink to be enjoyed. Alone, in a good company or with the dessert. Do not let the situation restrict you as long as you have the longing for the golden drops. Perfect in glasses that can collect the aromas from the mead, e.g. small cognac glasses.
Correct serving temperature is individual, but we prefer 10-12 oC.
Can also be served on crushed ice with a slice of citrus on a warm summer day.
no. 01 is a semi sweet mead based on local Danish honey, ginger and additional spices and has an abv of 15%. Volume 70 cl.
The bottle can be kept months after opening without turning bad. As mead is a natural product based on honey small taste difference can be detected from year to year. Sediments can occur over time, but should be dispersed by shaking the bottle to obtain the fullest flavour.